4.16.2008

Catacombs








Today, a few friends and I decided to venture to the infamous catacombs of Paris. There is a ton of history to the catacombs. Well, we knew it was going to be different because it was bones we were going to see. However, it was a bigger shock than we were expecting. There were bones everywhere! I couldn't even begin to estimate how many skulls we saw. In the pictures above, I tried my best to show the depth of how many bones and skulls were there. There was even a column (pictured above) which had the biggest impact on me because there was even an artistic style to it with the skulls, very strange.

I didn't want to make this post all about the catacombs because it is a little on the depressing side so I decided to shoot the backside of Notre Dame today. It was a beautiful day and the pictures really took themselves. The one above is the best picture of the day.

It was a great day especially after a shower following the catacombs.

3 comments:

Neil said...

nice shots with your EOS.

Justin said...

ooh, I like the contrast between the light and dark, and the color and drab of Notre Dame.

Anonymous said...

Eddy, I think you should pursue a second career in professional photography. You really do have an "eye" for things. I look forward to seeing you soon. Mom