1.07.2008

First Day Exploring on My Own

Today was the first day that Eddy had school, so that meant that it was the first day that I was by myself and left to my own devices. I am not one to sit at home by myself and wait for him to come home all day so I have been trying to think of places to go explore. I wasn't feeling extremely creative so I decided that the Eiffel Tower would be a good place to go see. I took the metro to get close to it and then walked a good ten blocks until I reached it. It is REALLY big by the way. I know that's what people think, but seriously it is quite large. Some things you see and are disappointed with their size, like the Mona Lisa yesterday, but I was not disappointed with this monument at all. It is a beacon that represents the city or at least that is how I saw it. After walking under and around the tower I went across the street to the Trocodero. From there I walked up Rue Kleber all the way to the Arch and home. I basically walked home from the Eiffel Tower and walked around for 2 hours. It was amazing! Also on the way home I stopped at a florist and had them assemble a bouquet for me. So that's what the picture is of below. The little cheap things about Paris like buying a bouquet of flowers on the street are the best parts of my day and the best parts of Paris.



2 comments:

Justin said...

Did you go up the Tower?

Sara said...

Not yet, waiting to do that til Eddy is with me.