1.11.2008

Musee d' Orsay

Today we went to the Orsay museum to soothe my craving for Impressionist art. Eddy likes museums/art galleries, but not as much as I do I don't think. But he is a good sport and supports my interests, plus museums mean that he get to play with his camera and look all professional. All my favorite painters were there: Monet, Manet, Renoir, Degas, Pissaro and Van Gogh. I was pretty much in art heaven. We saw all the paintings that my Mom has told me about as an Art Docent from Kindergarten on. We were looking forward to seeing Starry Night, but it turned out that they had "Starry Night Over the Rhone" instead. Oh well it was still pretty, and apparently the one we were thinking of, that I think everyone thinks of when they envision the Starry Night that is displayed at the Museum of Modern Art in NY. Just like the Louvre it is best to see the pictures to get the feeling of everything. So look below:




No comments: